Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Students in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Students enroll in the School or a Course within the School, subscribe to a newsletter, and in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available in our School. Students may visit the School anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Students only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Students can refuse to supply personal identification information but doing so may prevent them from engaging in certain School related activities.
How we use collected information
The School may collect and use Students’ personal identification information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Students as a group use the services and resources provided in our School.
- To send periodic emails
We may use Student email addresses to send Students information and updates pertaining to their order. Student email addresses may also be used to respond to Student inquiries, questions, or other requests.
- To send newletter / marketing emails - if you provided your information and opted in by participating in any of (but not limited to) surveys, sweepstakes, webinars, contests, message boards, chat rooms, or any other registration areas of our site or partner software sites that we use, you may receive emails from us. You will always have the option to unsubscribe from the emails at the bottom of every email.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Student personal identification information to others.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Cookies that we use
Third party websites
Student may find advertising or other content in our School that link to the websites and services of our partners, affiliates, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these websites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our School. In addition, these websites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Student, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
International transfers of your personal data
In this Section, you'll find information about the circumstances in which your personal data may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
We and our other group companies have facilities that we use in America. The European Commission has made an “adequacy decision” with respect to the data protection laws of each of this country. Transfers to this country will be protected by appropriate safeguards, namely the use of standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission, a copy of which can be obtained from
- Mailchimp and Privacyshield - for email marketing
- Teachable - managing your school account
- Easywebinar - managing our webinar software
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) - Cookie Info Script applications and data are hosted using third party hosting services. AWS delivers an industry-leading network of state-of-the-art data centers located around the world, including in the United States of America and Australia. Like Cookie Info Script, helping to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of customer data is of the utmost importance to AWS, as is maintaining customer trust and confidence. AWS are certified to the US-EU Safe Harbor Principles and, in compliance with the US-EU Safe Harbor Onward Transfer Principles, act as our agent with regard to data privacy. For more details of AWS's privacy and security processes, please visit https://aws.amazon.com/privacy/ and https://aws.amazon.com/security/.
- Cloudflare for static content distribution. This service allows the Website to distribute content using servers located across different countries and to optimize performance. Which anonymous data is processed depends on the characteristics and the way Cloudflare is implemented. Their function is to filter communications between the Website and the User’s browser. Considering the widespread distribution of this system, it is difficult to determine the locations to which the contents that may contain anonymous user information are transferred. For more information on CloudFlare, please visit their website: https://www.cloudflare.com/security-policy.
- https://cookieinfoscript.com/legal.html - for cookie consent banner
You acknowledge that personal data that you submit for publication through our website or services may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of such personal data by others.
If you wish to correct, update or remove any information about you that may be in our records, please send us an email to spiritedtraining [at] bfnproductions [dot] com with details of your request.
company registered in Scotland with registered number SC278008, VAT number 159 2116 13 and with our registered address at Caledonia House, 89 Seaward Street, Glasgow, G41 1HJ
Your acceptance of these terms
Last updated 18.05.18